Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Issue with the Wobble

DJ Pyro's Wobble Remix

Ok so if you haven't figured out by now I have an issue with the Wobble.  I absolutely can't stand the song and it's not because it is a bad song.  Here are some of the issues I have with the Wobble.  First of all party goers request the song non stop and ask questions like "Do you have the Wobble?" "Can you play the Wobble next?" "When you going to play the Wobble?"  Here is a little heads up next time you go to a party.  Of course I have the Wobble I've had the darn song for a LONG time and when I say LONG I don't mean a few months I mean as in over a freaking YEAR.  The song itself is OLD, y'all just now really listening to it because folks decided they wanted to make a line dance to it.  NO, I will not play it next because odds are it does not mix with the current song I am playing or I have already cued up another track to play.  Stop asking me when I plan on playing it because honestly I never plan on playing any songs.  As a DJ I read the crowd to determine what track I want to play next.  Only JUKEBOXES play songs when you want them to.

One of the main reasons I can't stand the song is because people wait all night just to hear it so they can start dancing.  If you go to a party just to do a line dance you might as well keep your ass at home.  I don't understand why anyone would go to a party especially if they paying for the party to go and only want to hear that one song.  You can purchase the song on iTunes or Amazon at any time or you can listen to it on the radio.

I don't put all the blame on party goers.  Some of the blame goes to DJs as well.  DJs have to stop leaning on the Wobble to get the party started.  There are wayyyyyyyy better songs for that and there are various club classics that will out run the Wobble any day of the week.  My other issue with the DJs is that some of them feel like they have to play the song twice.  The damn song is the same thing over and over no need to play it twice.  If people don't hear it the first time it is not the end of the world.  There is no reason on God's green Earth that a DJ should have to play a song twice in a night to keep a party going.

Lastly LISTEN TO THE LYRICS!  I hate the fact dudes even do the dance because when you listen to the lyrics it is clearly talking about a female backing it up and vibrating smh.  It is sad that when I do weddings they say they don't want explicit lyrics/ content but yet the Wobble is nothing but explicit content.  Then you have those people that say "I just like the beat!" Ok well just like the beat to the other songs that have similar content duhhhh.


No comments:

Post a Comment